Online Antique Price Guide Free
Free online antique price guide
Perhaps you think you have a secret treasure, or maybe you would like to buy an item that could be quite valuable, then an 'online antique price guide free' can be quite useful.
There are frequent mistakes people make when using an antique price guide:
- Antique price guides are "guides", nothing more. Read the small print on some and you will note the lengthy disclaimers. The reality is, antique values change constantly. Use Antique Price Guides as an additional resource, but you should also research your market. Check a variety of sources for value estimates.
- How did that happen? What made that antique so valuable all of a sudden? Will your hard copy guide or Online antique price guide reflect these sudden changes? Unless it was compiled yesterday, I doubt it…
- You consider your item to be in a good condition so you think the highest value recorded is appropriate… mistake!
Did you know that this particular item was more valuable in blue, and from a more recent year?
(For more about antique conditions and other value-determining factors visit free online antique appraisals)
What is the best Free antique price guide?
The best Free Online Antique Price Guide, is the internet. The smartest method is to research similar items for sale at Present Day Prices.
As I already mentioned, any amount of things can and do happen regularly to influence the value of an antique item in a very short space of time. And an 'official' guide released/printed even last week (never mind 5 years ago) will not reflect this.
For an accurate online antique price guide free just enter a description (antique…) of the object in the search boxes below for the US & UK. (See more tips below.)
US based online Antique auctions:
UK based online Antique auctions:
TIP: Once you have entered your Item description and been directed to the auction results page look at the left hand menu. Scroll down until you see a "Show Only" menu. You can select "Completed listings" to show only items that sold or didn't make their reserve price. You can also click "Choose more" to view Worldwide auction results.
Note: You can also submit your items for a free appraisal.
Visit our Free online antique appraisals
More things to avoid when selling or valuing antiques
- Never walk into an antiques store and ask, "What is this worth?"See if you can guess what their reply will be…You guessed it, "How much do you want for it?"
Antique dealers make their living from buying antiques for cheap and adding a Hefty profit. Rather, just try to gather some clues about the origin, age etc. (so you can research it later on the internet) but never sell to the person who gives the appraisal.
- Regardless what you discover about your antique, it's true worth is what someone is willing to pay! A free antique price guide may say your antique stove is worth $400 but the guide is not aware of the person who has happy memories sitting around their grandmother's antique wood burning kitchen stove. That same stove make they are Now searching for to recapture memories…
- On the other side of the spectrum, values fluctuate as markets increase and diminish with current trends. You may find yourself at the low end of a fickle market because interest in a hot item from last year's hit movie has waned.
A free Online Antique Price Guide can be a valuable tool but it's nowhere nearly as good as human judgment and proper research from a variety of sources.